Electronic Components Datasheet Search
68233-1 Datasheet(PDF) 9 Page - Tyco Electronics
MACOM [Tyco Electronics]
68233-1 Datasheet(HTML) 9 Page - Tyco Electronics
/ 17 page
Pneumatic Tools 68068 and68068-1
9 of 17
Tyco Electronics Corporation
5. PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE
It is important that a preventive maintenance program be performed at regular intervals to ensure efficient
dependable performance of the tool.
To avoid personal injury or damage to the tool, ALWAYS DISCONNECT the tool from the air supply before performing
any preventive maintenance on the tool.
5.1. Daily Cleaning
1. Clean the jaw closure surfaces. DO NOT allow deposits of dirt or other foreign matter to build up on
the bottoming surfaces of the jaws.
2. Wipe clean the surfaces of the jaw cam, jaw cam rollers, and housing of the tool with a solvent and a
clean cloth. Re–lubricate the tool and jaws as instructed in Paragraph 5.3.
5.2. Visual Inspection (Perform Monthly)
1. Inspect the jaw housing for worn or bent pins or worn bushings.
2. Inspect the cam for lubrication, excessive wear, or damage. If necessary, replace the cam.
3. Check the jaw return plunger for binding.
4. Make sure that all screws are tight.
5. Cycle the tool to ensure that the jaws function satisfactorily.
6. With the air supply connected, inspect the air fitting, exhaust ports, and the area around the piston
rod for air leaks. If necessary, replace the main piston or piston rod “O” ring.
7. Inspect the jaw housing for metal particles. The presence of metal particles indicates that the jaws
should be lubricated or parts are misaligned or worn.
8. Check the jaw cam rollers for binding and proper lubrication.
Refer to Figure 7 for areas of the tool that should be lubricated and the type of lubricant to use.
Apply lubricant sparingly; thereby avoiding build-up of lubricant and dirt and possible tool malfunction.
The air system of the tool must receive lubrication via an air line lubricator. Refer to Paragraph 1.2.
Frequency of lubrication should be as follows:
Tools used daily — lubricate daily
Tools used occasional — lubricate weekly
Tools used weekly — lubricate monthly
Does ALLDATASHEET help your business so far?
[ DONATE ]
All Rights Reserved©
| English :
| Chinese :
| German :
| Japanese :
| Korean :
| Spanish :
| French :
| Italian :
| Polish :
| Vietnamese :