Electronic Components Datasheet Search
B37830R0100K021 Datasheet(PDF) 12 Page - EPCOS
B37830R0100K021 Datasheet(HTML) 12 Page - EPCOS
/ 16 page
Cautions and warnings
How to select ceramic capacitors
Remember the following when selecting ceramic capacitors:
1. Ceramic capacitors that must fulfill high quality requirements must be qualified based on
2. When ceramic capacitors are used at the connection to a battery or power supply (e.g. clamp
15 or 30 in an automobile) or for safety-relevant applications, two single ceramic capacitors
should be connected in series. Alternatively a ceramic capacitor with integrated series circuits
should be used in order to reduce the possibility of a short circuit caused by a fracture. The
MLSC from EPCOS contains such a series circuit in a single component.
3. The use of multilayer varistors (MLVs) is recommended for ESD protection (see chapter
“Effects on mechanical, thermal and electrical stress”, section 1.4).
4. Additional stress factors such as continuous operating voltage or application-specific derating
must be taken into account in the selection of components (refer to chapter “Reliability”).
Recommendations for the circuit board design
1. Components with an optimized geometrical design are preferable where permitted by the
2. Use at least FR4 circuit board material.
3. Geometrically optimized circuit boards are preferable, especially those that cannot be
4. Ceramic capacitors should be placed with a sufficient minimum distance from the edge of a
circuit board. High bending forces may be exerted there when boards are separated and
during further processing of a board (e.g. when incorporating it in a housing).
5. Ceramic capacitors should always be placed parallel to the possible bending axis of a circuit
6. Screw connections should not be used to fix a board or connect several boards. Components
should not be placed near screw holes. If screw connections are unavoidable, they should be
cushioned, for instance using rubber pads.
Multilayer ceramic capacitors
Page 11 of 15
Please read Cautions and warnings and
Important notes at the end of this document.
Does ALLDATASHEET help your business so far?
[ DONATE ]
All Rights Reserved©
| English :
| Chinese :
| German :
| Japanese :
| Korean :
| Spanish :
| French :
| Italian :
| Polish :
| Vietnamese :