©1983 Fairchild Semiconductor Corporation
MCT5201M, MCT5210M, MCT5211M Rev. 1.1.0
1. DC Current Transfer Ratio (CTRCE) is deﬁned as the transistor collector current (ICE) divided by the input LED
current (IF) x 100%, at a speciﬁed voltage between the collector and emitter (VCE).
2. The collector base Current Transfer Ratio (CTRCB) is deﬁned as the transistor collector base photocurrent(ICB)
divided by the input LED current (IF) time 100%.
3. Referring to Figure 14 the TPHL propagation delay is measured from the 50% point of the rising edge of the data
input pulse to the 1.3V point on the falling edge of the output pulse.
4. Referring to Figure 14 the TPLH propagation delay is measured from the 50% point of the falling edge of data input
pulse to the 1.3V point on the rising edge of the output pulse.
5. Delay time (td) is measured from 50% of rising edge of LED current to 90% of Vo falling edge.
6. Rise time (tr) is measured from 90% to 10% of Vo falling edge.
7. Storage time (ts) is measured from 50% of falling edge of LED current to 10% of Vo rising edge.
8. Fall time (tf) is measured from 10% to 90% of Vo rising edge.
9. CISO is the capacitance between the input (pins 1, 2, 3 connected) and the output, (pin 4, 5, 6 connected).
10. Device considered a two terminal device: Pins 1, 2, and 3 shorted together, and pins 5, 6 and 7 are shorted