High performance NFC frontend CLRC661 plus
Rev. 3.7 — 23 June 2021
Product data sheet
1 General description
CLRC661, the high performance multiprotocol NFC frontend.
The CLRC661 multiprotocol NFC frontend IC supports the following operating modes
• Read/write mode supporting ISO/IEC 14443 type A and MIFARE Classic
• Read/write mode supporting ISO/IEC 15693
• Read/write mode supporting ICODE EPC UID/ EPC OTP
• Read/write mode supporting ISO/IEC 18000-3 mode 3/ EPC Class-1 HF
The CLRC661’s internal transmitter is able to drive a reader/writer antenna designed
to communicate with ISO/IEC 14443A and MIFARE Classic IC-based cards and
transponders without additional active circuitry. The digital module manages the complete
ISO/IEC 14443A framing and error detection functionality (parity and CRC).
The CLRC661 supports the communication of MIFARE Classic with 1K memory, MIFARE
Classic with 4K memory, MIFARE Ultralight, MIFARE Ultralight C, MIFARE Plus, and
MIFARE DESFire products. The CLRC661 supports higher transfer speeds of the
MIFARE family up to 848 kbit/s in both directions.
The CLRC661 supports the vicinity protocol according to ISO/IEC15693, EPC UID and
ISO/IEC 18000-3 mode 3/ EPC Class-1 HF.
The following host interfaces are supported:
• Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI)
• Serial UART (similar to RS232 with voltage levels dependent on pin voltage supply)
• I2C-bus interface (two versions are implemented: I2C and I2CL)
The CLRC661 supports the connection of a secure access module (SAM). A dedicated
separate I2C interface is implemented for a connection of the SAM. The SAM can be
used for high secure key storage and acts as a very performant cryptocoprocessor. A
dedicated SAM is available for connection to the CLRC661.
In this document, the term „MIFARE Classic card“ refers to a MIFARE Classic IC-based