Electronic Components Datasheet Search
408-8550 Datasheet(PDF) 1 Page - TE Connectivity Ltd
TEC [TE Connectivity Ltd]
408-8550 Datasheet(HTML) 1 Page - TE Connectivity Ltd
/ 2 page
Cutter Set Gage
©2011 Tyco Electronics Corporation, a TE Connectivity Ltd. Company
All Rights Reserved
TE Connectivity, TE connectivity (logo), and TE (logo) are trademarks. Other logos, product and/or Company names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
1 of 2
TOOLING ASSISTANCE CENTER 1-800-722-1111
PRODUCT INFORMATION 1-800-522-6752
This controlled document is subject to change.
For latest revision and Regional Customer Service,
visit our website at www.te.com
Hand Trim and Pointing Tool 1055815-1
31 OCT 11 Rev B
(Non-adjustable) Hand Trim and Pointing Tool
1055815-1 was designed to cut the insulation on RG-
405/U (0.085-inch) coaxial cable and "point" the center
conductor of the stripped coaxial cable.
Dimensions are in metric units [with U.S. customary
units in brackets] unless otherwise designated.
Refer to Section 5, REVISION SUMMARY, for
This tool is shipped in kit form and consists of the
holder base, the cutting base, and the cutter set gage.
Refer to Figure 1 and Figure 4 The kit also contain two
1. Seat the holder base onto the gage portion of the
2. Insert the cable into the holder base until the
cable makes contact with the pin of the gage. See
3. Firmly turn the holder base clockwise to tighten it.
4. Remove the holder base and insert it into the
cutting portion of the cutter base.
5. Rotate the holder base clockwise and apply a
light axial force to start the cut.
6. Continue rotating the cutting base until you can
no longer feel resisting cutting force. (This indicates
that the cutting/trimming portion of the operation is
7. Remove the cutting base from the holder base.
The center conductor should now be exposed.
8. Insert the the holder base into the pointing portion
of the cutting base.
9. With the cable still in the holder base, turn the
cutting base clockwise four or five times while
applying axial pressure.
10. Remove holder base from the the pointing
portion of the cutting base and re-insert it into the
11. Turn the holder base approximately 1/2 turn
counterclockwise to loosen it.
12. Remove the cable. The cable has now been
trimmed and pointed to the dimensions shown in
If the length of the cable center conductor is shorter
than .065 inches for RG-405/U cable, the tool may
not be able to adequately point the cable center
Does ALLDATASHEET help your business so far?
[ DONATE ]
All Rights Reserved©
| English :
| Chinese :
| German :
| Japanese :
| Korean :
| Spanish :
| French :
| Italian :
| Polish :
| Vietnamese :