Electronic Components Datasheet Search
D-436-87 Datasheet(PDF) 2 Page - PANDUIT CORP.
2 OR 3 TO 1
PANDUIT [PANDUIT CORP.]
SPECIFICATION CONTROL DRAWING
Tyco Electronics Corporation
305 Constitution Drive
Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
IN-LINE SPLICE SEALING SYSTEM,
2 OR 3 TO 1 SPLICER: Nickel Plated,
Color Coded, with Inspection Slots
UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED DIMENSIONS ARE IN MILLIMETERS.
INCHES DIMENSIONS ARE BETWEEN BRACKETS.
Tyco Electronics reserves the right to amend this
drawing at any time. Users should evaluate the
suitability of the product for their application.
2 of 2
If this document is printed it becomes uncontrolled. Check for the latest revision.
1. These parts are designed to provide an immersion resistant in-line splices of 2 or 3 to 1 wires falling within
the size range listed on sheet 1, having insulations rated for at least 135
2. Parts are available only as an assembly of one of each Item #1 and Item #2.
3. Parts are to be installed per Thermofit Assembly Procedure, see below.
4. Inside diameter and outside diameter of splice are to be measured in crimp areas, 2.54 to 5.08 (0.100 to 0.200)
from ends of part. Slight burr permitted on parted surfaces.
5. Acceptance sampling shall be in accordance with Paragraph 4.6.1 of MIL-T-7928.
6. Packing and packaging shall be in accordance with Section 5, Level C, of MIL-T-7928.
7. This document takes precedence over documents referenced herein.
THERMOFIT ASSEMBLY PROCEDURE
This document outlines the procedure to be followed to obtain immersion resistant 3 or 2 to 1 in-line
splices using Thermofit In-Line Splice Sealing System D-436-85/-87.
a) Strip all wires 7.92 (0.312) to 8.74 (0.344).
b) Attach the single lead to the appropriate size crimp splice using a Raychem AD-1377 Crimp Tool.
c) Pass the wires to be attached to other barrel through the sealing sleeve from the three hole insert end.
d) Insert wires into barrel and crimp. Care must be taken so that the wires remain untwisted between the
crimp splice and the three wire seal or the sealing sleeve cannot be positioned properly.
e) Apply heat, using a recommended heat source, first to the three-hole insert and then to the other.
Heat should be applied until insert melts and flows axially along the wire.
RECOMMENDED RAYCHEM HEATING TOOLS
Shop Air Heater #CV-4504
Does ALLDATASHEET help your business so far?
[ DONATE ]
All Rights Reserved©
2003 - 2017
|   Chinese :
| German :
| Japanese :
| Russian :
| Spanish :
| French :
| Italian :
| Portuguese :
| Polish :