Electronic Components Datasheet Search
4-1195132-1 Datasheet(PDF) 2 Page - PANDUIT CORP.
PANDUIT [PANDUIT CORP.]
SPECIFICATION CONTROL DRAWING
Tyco Electronics Corporation
305 Constitution Drive
Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
STUB SPLICE SEALING
UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED DIMENSIONS ARE IN MILLIMETERS.
INCHES DIMENSIONS ARE BETWEEN BRACKETS.
Tyco Electronics reserves the right to amend this
drawing at any time. Users should evaluate the
suitability of the product for their application.
2 of 2
If this document is printed it becomes uncontrolled. Check for the latest revision.
1. These parts are designed to provide an immersion resistant stub splices made with wires having insulations rated
for at least 135
2. Part will seal assemblies which require insertion of not more than two wires per hole of the inserts. If two wires
are inserted through one hole, they must be of same gauge size.
3. Recovered dimensions of insulation sleeve: I.D – 3.18 (0.125) max
Wall – 0.33 (0.013) min
1. Pass wires to be crimped through the holes of the multi-holed insert (NOT MORE THAN TWO WIRES
THROUGH ANY HOLE). Care must be taken to avoid twisting of the wires as this will prevent proper
positioning of the sleeve.
2. Strip wires 7.94 to 8.73 (5/16” to 11/32”).
3. Insert wires into crimp splicer leaving a gap of 0.79 (1/32”) between the wire insulation and the barrel.
4. Crimp using a Raychem AD-1377 Crimp Tool or equivalent
5. Slide sleeve as close as possible to the crimp barrel. Hold sleeve in this position by squeezing the wires directly
6. Apply heat as follows:
a) Use a Raychem Model 500A Thermogun, equipped with a TG-14A reflector.
b) Adjust side vent of Thermogun to give an air-stream temperature of 650 – 750
c) Center assembly in the reflector well long enough to cause the center section of the sleeve to recover and lock
itself in place.
d) Move assembly to position the top (major wire entry end) in the hot air-stream. Hold in this position until insert
has completely melted and flowed axially along the wires.
e) Apply heat to bottom of sleeve until insert melts and flows.
The total time required to install the sealing sleeve is dependent upon the air-stream temperature and mass of the
crimped assembly being encapsulated.
Does ALLDATASHEET help your business so far?
[ DONATE ]
All Rights Reserved©
|   Chinese :
| German :
| Japanese :
| Russian :
| Spanish :
| French :
| Italian :
| Portuguese :
| Polish :