high efficiency synchronous PWM step down DC/DC converter ( 11 Page)
9. PCB layout guide
To stabilize the operation, PCB layout is very important. Please take the following guidelines as reference.
1) Keep the path of switching current as short as possible; minimize the loop area which is connected to input
capacitor, high-side and low-side MOSFETs.
2) Bypass ceramic capacitors are recommended to be connected as close to VIN as possible.
3) Please connect all feedback loop wire in the shortest way. Locate feedback resistors and compensation
components as close to the chip as possible.
4) Locate wire of SW away from sensitive analog areas such as FB.
5) To cool down the operation temperature of the chip and gain higher long-term reliability, please connect
VIN, SW, and especially GND respectively to a large copper area.
For external BS diode, ELM recommends IN4148; BS capacitors between 0.1 to 1μF are preferable.
To improve efﬁciency when Vin is ≤ 6V, it is possible to add an external Schottky diode between IN and BS.
5V to 6V
* Add a Schottky diode to improve efﬁciency when Vin is ≤ 6V.
high efﬁciency synchronous PWM step down DC/DC converter
Assembly lot No.:
000 to 999 repeated
Does ALLDATASHEET help your business so far?
[ DONATE ]
All Rights Reserved©
2003 - 2013
|   Chinese :
| German :
| Japanese :
| Russian :
| Spanish :
| French :
| Italian :
| Portuguese :
| Polish :